Home » Human Resources » Employee Benefits » Benefits FAQ » Q&A: How to Resolve a Claim with Kaiser Permanente

Q&A: How to Resolve a Claim with Kaiser Permanente

How to Resolve a Medical with Kaiser Permanente

Before contacting anyone, be ready to provide:

  • Kaiser Member Number
  • Claim Reference Number or
  • Date of Service and Provider

To Resolve a Claims Issue

Call Kaiser Customer Service toll-free:

  • For medical or prescription claims, call Kaiser at (866) 223-2375.
  • For vision claims, call VSP Vision at (800) 877-7195.
  • For dental claims, call Delta Dental at (866) 923-0410 or Willamette Dental at (855) 433-6825.

If Not Resolved…

  • Administrative employees may contact the 4J Employee Benefits Manager at (541) 790-7675.
  • Classified employees may contact the Classified Benefits Coordinator at (541) 790-7679.
  • Licensed employees may contact the Licensed Staff Benefits Coordinator at (541) 790-7682.

If Not Resolved…

You may appeal claim decisions through a formal process with the carrier. Details on the appeal process can be found in the member handbooks found here: https://my.kp.org/oebb/plan-details/oregon-washington-actives/

You may also file a complaint with or seek other assistance from the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services, Consumer Protection Section, at (888) 877-4894.