850 Howard Avenue, Eugene, OR 97404
(541) 790-4740 Fax: (541) 790-4746
Feeder Elementary: Yujin Gakuen
High School Region: North Eugene
gram that is the first of its kind in the United States. The school’s main objective is to provide a continuing program for graduating Yujin Gakuen Elementary students, and other students with advanced Japanese ability, that helps them mature into fluent speakers of Japanese and internationally minded global citizens.
Housed within the innovative Kelly Middle School, YG Middle Level students have the opportunity to take part in the general Kelly program for their basic subjects. It is important that students continue advancing in Japanese throughout this phase of their schooling.
- Primary work in moving beyond passive listening skills to strong oral communication ability
- Opportunities for cultural exchange with students from Japan
- Emphasis on cooperation, good citizenship and self-discipline
- Work strengthening writing skills, including continued Kanji study
- Extensive use of technology, including Web design and digital media
At the middle school level, alternative school students take courses with the at-large population of the host middle school along with classes in their specialized alternative program. Thus enrollment and state test results are counted with those of the host middle school. For more information, contact the school office.