Yujin Gakuen Japanese Immersion Middle School
850 Howard Avenue, Eugene, OR 97404
Fax: (541) 790-4746
Principal:José da Silva <email@example.com>
Secretary:Terri Hunt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Feeder Elementaries:Yujin Gakuen High School Region: North Eugene
Yujin Gakuen Middle Level is a dynamic, exciting Japanese language immersion program that is the first of its kind in the United States. The school's main objective is to provide a continuing program for graduating Yujin Gakuen Elementary students (and other students with advanced Japanese ability) that helps them mature into fluent speakers of Japanese and internationally minded global citizens. Housed within the innovative Kelly Middle School, YG Mid-Level students have the opportunity to take part in the general Kelly program for their basic subjects. It is important that students continue advancing in Japanese throughout this phase of their schooling.
- Primary work in moving beyond passive listening skills to strong oral communication ability
- Opportunities for cultural exchange with students from Japan
- Emphasis on cooperation, good citizenship and self-discipline
- Work strengthening writing skills, including continued Kanji study
- Extensive use of technology, including Web design and digital media
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...