560 Irvington Drive, Eugene, OR 97404
(541) 790-4870 Fax: (541) 790-4880
Middle School Region: Madison
High School Region: North Eugene
Mission Statement: We believe all students can learn. We respect the diversity and support of our families and community. We, as a team at Spring Creek, strive to create a welcoming and respectful learning environment.
Program Description: Spring Creek will celebrate its 50th year in 2014. We are proud of the sense of belonging and community at our school. Spring Creek is a family-oriented school with strengths in teaching basic skills in reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, science, art, health, music and PE. Our skillful, experienced teachers are committed to providing a comprehensive program in a positive, caring environment, while preparing our students for success at middle school.
- Comprehensive, standards-based educational program
- Broad offering of educational experiences including music, PE, computers, artist-in-residence, media classes, art classes and annual art show and sale
- On-site before- and after-school child care through the YMCA
- Title I supplemental reading and math support for students who qualify
- A range of special education programs for students who qualify
School Improvement Goals:
- Math: Improve performance of all students in grades 3–5 as measured by statewide math assessments; increase the percentage of all subgroups of students who are meeting the state benchmark in math
- Writing: Improve performance of all students in grades 3–5 as measured by curriculum-based language arts assessments and writing samples; increase the percentage of all students who are meeting standards in writing
- Reading: Improve performance of all students in grades K–5 as measured by district and state assessments; increase the percentage of all subgroups of students who meet the state benchmark in reading
- School climate: Develop and implement school-wide expectations for positive student behaviors, thereby creating a positive school climate
- Technology: Integrate the district’s scope and sequence and National Education Technology Standards at each grade level
Other Information: More School Highlights: Effective school-wide positive behavior support program, emphasizing safe and respectful behavior; Expect Respect bully prevention strategies taught at all grade levels.
School Colors: Teal and white