500 East 43rd Avenue, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-8300 Fax: (541) 790-8305
Feeder Elementaries: Edgewood, Parker, Crest Drive
High School Region: South Eugene
A partnership of students, parents and staff committed to creating an environment where students become lifelong learners.
Spencer Butte Middle School provides a small, student- centered environment while providing enrichment opportunities of a larger school. Our school culture fosters respect and achievement, encouraging students to flourish during these challenging middle years. Our talented staff is dedicated to accommodating individual students’ needs while stretching them to reach their full potential through a combination of integrated hands-on projects, involvement in a comprehensive arts program and academic skills instruction. Our strong and involved parent community provides the final aspect to create a complete, caring and supportive educational experience for middle school students.
- Student-centered, safe, healthy and intimate school climate, featuring a Harassment- and Racism-Free Zone that instills respect for diversity
- A Peer Leadership program that ensures a smooth transition to middle school
- Only premier level green middle school in Lane County
- Challenging and well-articulated academic programs, featuring many hands-on projects and field studies, that prepare students for transition to high school
- Broad range of extracurricular activities including drama productions, jazz band, KRVM radio broadcasting, yearbook, track & field, Lego Robotics, Art Club, wrestling and student generated clubs.
School Improvement Goals:
- Create high-level academic experiences that are aligned with standards and help all students successfully meet these high expectations.
- Teach our students the skills they need to be respectful, informed, participatory members of our school community so that they can be respectful, informed, participatory members of our larger community
Spencer Butte has a broad range of extracurricular activities including drama productions, jazz band, KRVM radio broadcasting, yearbook, track & field, Lego robotics, art club, wrestling and student-generated clubs.
Blue and White