2455 Willakenzie Road, Eugene, OR 97401
Fax: (541) 790-6605
Principal:Bob Bolden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Secretary:Cindy Best <email@example.com>
Middle School Region: Monroe
Mission Statement:Sheldon High School is a place of respect, integrity and learning. Its mission is to provide students a challenging, comprehensive education enabling them to function as responsible citizens and to adapt to a changing world.
Sheldon provides all students the opportunity to learn in a caring and supportive environment. The curriculum is rigorous to meet the Oregon State and KSUS College Readiness Standards. We challenge students, staff and families to create a student-centered culture that emphasizes intellectual excellence and respect for the qualities each member brings to our community. Sheldon hosts these programs and activities: International High School, Life Skills Network, Sheldon Alternative Academy; KRVM-FM 91.9, the district’s radio station; computing and technology, counseling, art, drama, choir, marching band, jazz band, orchestra, health and P.E.
- Recognized by Newsweek Magazine as one of the best high schools in the United States—top 6% of all public high schools in America—and consistently performs above state and national averages on the SAT and ACT
- Academic excellence anchored in rich and rigorous college preparatory Honors and International Studies programs; College Now, AP and IB courses are offered in a variety of academic areas
- Nationally recognized athletic programs successfully competing at the highest 6A level with 21 sports providing outstanding development opportunities for young women and men
- Over 60 exemplary co-curricular programs including student government, leadership, National Honor Society, drama, cheer, dance, as well as a host of clubs and activities
- Student Advisory Program that fosters relationships, monitors student academic progress, develops a four-year plan and profile and addresses career-related learning standards
School Improvement Goals:
- Community: Engage all stakeholders in activities that build, foster and improve our sense of Sheldon community
- Physical Environment: Improve the use of Sheldon High School's physical space to provide a functional, safe and more welcoming environment for all stakeholders
- Curriculum: All students will be provided access to learning, including opportunities to achieve their individual academic potential and to enrich their total school experience
Early Release Schedule (8:56 am to 11:51 am) on Friday, March 1; Friday, May 10; and Thursday, June 13.
Green, Blue and White
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...