2455 Willakenzie Road, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 790-6600 Fax: (541) 790-6605
Middle School Region: Monroe, Cal Young
Sheldon High School is a place of respect, integrity and learning. Its mission is to provide all students with a challenging, comprehensive education designed to prepare them to perform as successful citizens in our complex, ever-changing world.
Sheldon High School provides all students the opportunity to learn in a caring and supportive environment. Rigorous curriculum provides an opportunity for students to meet Oregon state standards and the Knowledge and Skills for University Success college readiness standards. Our academic programs, along with a wide array of extracurricular activities, challenge students, staff and Sheldon families to create a student-centered culture that emphasizes intellectual competence, active participation and mutual respect for the qualities each member brings to our multicultural and diverse community.
- Sheldon has been recognized by Newsweek Magazine as one of the best high schools in the United States—top 6% of all public high schools in America—and consistently performs above state and national averages on the SAT and ACT
- Academic excellence anchored in rich and rigorous college preparatory Honors and International Studies programs; College Now, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses are offered in a variety of academic areas
- Nationally recognized athletic programs successfully competing at the 6A level with 21 sports providing outstanding development opportunities for young women and men
- Over 60 exemplary co-curricular programs including student government, leadership, National Honor Society, drama, cheer, dance, as well as a host of clubs and activities
- Student advisory program that fosters relationships, monitors student academic progress, develops a four-year plan and profile and addresses career-related learning standards
- Outstanding programs throughout, including computing and technology, counseling, art, drama, choir, marching band, jazz band, orchestra, health and physical education
- Sheldon hosts the following specialized programs: International High School, the Transition Education Network (TEN), formerly known as the Life Skills Network; Sheldon Alternative Academy; and KRVM-FM 91.9, the district’s radio station
- Approximately 88% of Sheldon graduates go on to post–high school programs, varying from Lane Community College to universities such as Stanford and Harvard
School Improvement Goals:
- Community: Engage all stakeholders in activities that build, foster and improve our sense of Sheldon community
- Physical Environment: Improve the use of Sheldon High School’s physical space to provide a functional, safe and more welcoming environment for all stakeholders
- Curriculum: All students will be provided access to learning, including opportunities to achieve their individual academic potential and to enrich their total school experience
Early Release Schedule (8:56 am to 11:51 am) on Friday, March 1; Friday, May 10; and Thursday, June 13.
Green, Blue and White