School Hours: 8:55 – 3:30
Early Release: Wednesdays at 8:55 – 2:30
Feeder Elementaries: Edison, Camas Ridge, Adams
High School Region: South Eugene
Responsible Choices • Modeling Respect • Success for All
Roosevelt balances scholastic excellence with a choice of electives and exploration. The Oregon State Report Card has consistently recognized our academic achievements by giving its highest marks to our school. Our WEB (Where Everybody Belongs) program trains 8th grade leaders to orient all 6th grade students to Roosevelt. The heart of our school is the library. Our full-time media specialist manages collections in English and French. Our comprehensive counseling and special education services offer a wide range of support to all students.
- Roosevelt’s new state-of-the-art school building will open in fall 2016.
- The House/Advisor system is a critical component of the RMS program; each teacher advises approximately 25 students, who remain in the same House for their three-year career at Roosevelt
- Student choice is the hallmark of Roosevelt. Students, parents and advisors collaborate to create a comprehensive schedule to ensure each student’s success
- Roosevelt offers the middle-level French Immersion Program; fifth graders transition to us from Charlemagne French Immersion Elementary School and go on to South Eugene High School within the International High School (IHS) program
School Improvement Goals:
- Assist and support students to meet or exceed academic standards in math, language arts, social studies, science and across the curriculum
- Provide students with a wide range of experiential and intellectual experiences; increase advocacy for student exploration and engagement within the Roosevelt curriculum
- Build authentic relationships throughout the RMS community; give students guidance and a valued voice
- Value students’ personal experiences and their heritage; integrate social and equitable experiences within the curriculum
Red and white