200 Silver Lane, Eugene, OR 97404
(541) 790-4500 Fax: (541) 790-4440
School Hours: 8:00 – 2:35
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Middle School Region: Kelly, Madison
We are creating a learning-centered environment to provide opportunities for all students to attain the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to become lifelong learners in a rapidly changing world.
North Eugene High School has a long and proud tradition in the River Road and Santa Clara communities. An outstanding and deeply caring teaching, counseling, classified and administrative staff believe in the potential of every student and have created a dynamic and expansive program designed to address students’ post-secondary goals.
North Eugene is an International Baccalaureate World School and every student has access to a comprehensive IB diploma program. All students are able to pursue a rich and rigorous curriculum in every subject area, including advanced science and math courses, a variety of fine, applied and performing arts, and robust Career-Technical Education programs. An active, involved, and diverse student body means a multitude of clubs and full complement of 5A athletic programs.
- The only high school in Eugene to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) program to all students. Students can choose to take any IB class offered, certificate test, or declare for the full diploma. We offer three different IB electives—film, music and theatre—in addition to our regular elective programs
- Career and Technical Education programs in child development, culinary arts, digital media, and woods and metals prepare students with necessary and applicable post-graduation skills
- A variety of second language options including IB Japanese, Japanese Immersion, and IB Spanish—and we are the only high school to offer American Sign Language for students
- Student achievement is supported through a variety of structures for student success: targeted intervention classes, essential skills classes and open academic time (OAT). ASPIRE volunteers and UO Honors College tutors round out our support model
- AVID—Advancement Via Individual Determination, a program designed to increase the college-going culture of schools
- We work diligently to maintain the fidelity and impact of comprehensive Positive Behavior Intervention and Support and we encourage Highlander PRIDE
School Improvement Goals:
- Increase student achievement in the areas of mathematics, reading and written expression, as measured by the Oregon state assessment tests
- Improve student reading and comprehension performance to support increased access to rigorous content curricula
- Create a school climate where student achievement, safety and civility are actively emphasized, encouraged and recognized
Red White and Gold