1968 Brittany St., Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-5800 Fax: (541) 790-5805
Middle School Region: Kennedy
High School Region: Churchill
Mission Statement: McCornack Elementary’s mission is to educate, nurture and inspire each individual to be a respectful, contributing citizen of our global community.
Program Description: McCornack’s teaching staff, including music and physical education specialists, are committed to helping students develop to their highest potential. Strong academic skills, effective written and oral expression, problem solving, cooperative work habits and the ability to live harmoniously in a world of diversity and change are emphasized. The collaboration between school staff, parents and community volunteers allows for rich, varied programs including unicycle club, intramurals, choir, Chinese club, taiko drumming class, gardening club, chess, ukulele class and technology club.
- Strong project-based learning focus—a framework that provides hands-on, “service-learning” experiences by connecting learning to real world issues
- Diverse offerings include technology, school counseling, physical education, music instruction and strings program
- Homeroom program with Positive Behavior Support, Big & Little Buddies, Community Service, Habits of Mind and Homeside Activities, guided by our district recognized McC TV program
- Student Leadership–Dignity Creed Student Leadership Team, McC TV, PBL community service/action, spring musical, student-run recycle program and more
- Extensive before- and after-school enrichment opportunities
School Improvement Goals:
- Raise student achievement in math, reading/literature and writing
- Continue to maintain a safe and productive learning environment
- Strong school and community volunteer program
Other Information: McCornack will have an early release at 11:30 a.m. on the following Fridays: January 18, February 15, March 15 and April 19.
School Colors: Gold and Silver