1968 Brittany St., Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-5800 Fax: (541) 790-5805
School Hours: 7:55 – 2:10
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Middle School Region: Kennedy
High School Region: Churchill
Mission Statement: McCornack Elementary’s mission is to educate, nurture and inspire each individual to be a respectful, contributing citizen of our global community.
Program Description: McCornack’s teaching staff is committed to helping students develop their highest potential and meet the challenges of a diverse and ever-changing world. Strong academic skills are emphasized, including effective communication skills, problem solving, cooperative work habits and a sense of social responsibility. The collaboration between school staff, parents and community volunteers and organizations allows for rich, varied programs both during and after school including unicycle club, science clubs, Chinese club, Taiko drumming class, gardening club, strings, and choir.
- Caring for Kids homeroom program that includes Positive Behavior Intervention and Support, Big & Little Buddies, community service projects, habits of mind, class meetings, and strong community connections
- Student Leadership opportunities include Dignity Creed student leadership team, McC TV, spring musical, student-run recycling program and more
- Diverse offerings include technology, school counseling, physical education, music instruction and strings program
- Extensive before- and after-school enrichment opportunities
- Strong school and community volunteer program including high school and college volunteers
School Improvement Goals:
- Raise student achievement in math, reading/literature and writing
- Continue to maintain a safe and productive learning environment
- Maintain a strong school and community volunteer program
Other Information: McCornack will have an early release at 11:30 a.m. on the following Fridays: January 18, February 15, March 15 and April 19.
School Colors: Gold and Silver