2200 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-5500 Fax: (541) 790-5505
Feeder Elementaries: McCornack, Twin Oaks
High School Region: Churchill
Our vision: to provide a safe, respectful and caring environment where individuals are encouraged and empowered to fulfill their potential as engaged and responsible participants in a culturally diverse world.
Kennedy’s program promotes community outreach and involvement for students, preparing them for a world beyond the school walls. Students become involved in serving others through an active Student Leadership Program, UNICEF and canned food drives. Specialized programs and activities that develop students’ unique talents and interests are available through the music program, jazz band, yearbook publication class, robotics club, Japanese club, drama club, weight lifting club, leadership program, garden club, catering class, track and the Martin Luther King Assembly. Recognition for student achievement and success occurs through the PRIDE Program, Knights of Honor and multicultural awards.
- Recognizing excellence and effort: PRIDE Program, Student Leadership Pride tickets rewards program, Multicultural Awards, 6th Grade Awards, and Kennedy Knights of Honor
- Celebrating diversity: Multicultural Club, Latino Family Nights, 6th grade Explore Language, and the Martin Luther King Assembly
- Instruction outside the school walls include outdoor garden and Food for Lane County
- Strong academic support programs: Reading and math intervention/support programs, regional learning center, homework assistance, girls’ and boys’ groups, mentoring, tutoring and academic coaching (including transformers and the Read to Succeed program) and a strong behavioral support specialist program
- A strong band program (beginning, intermediate and advanced), orchestra before school, PE (new rock wall), aerobic strength training, health, catering, textile arts, and outdoor science
School Improvement Goals:
- School culture: In order to support student achievement, increase time on task by all students and maximize instructional opportunities: By 2014, Kennedy will continue to develop a school culture that focuses on positive behavior supports, reduces referrals and ensures all students feel safe
- Language arts/reading achievement: By 2014, 100% of Kennedy Middle School students will meet or exceed the state benchmark in reading
- Mathematics achievement: By 2014, 100% of Kennedy Middle School students will meet or exceed the state benchmark in mathematics
Red and Black