850 Howard Avenue, Eugene, OR 97404
(541) 790-4740 Fax: (541) 790-4746
School Hours: 9:00 – 3:20
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Feeder Elementaries: Howard, River Road/El Camino Del Rio
High School Region: North Eugene
The mission of Kelly Middle School is to create an inclusive learning environment that challenges, prepares and empowers students to be contributing and compassionate citizens of the world.
We are committed to fostering lifelong learners who are prepared academically and socially for the transition to high school following the completion of three years of study at Kelly Middle School. Rigorous academic explorations tempered with socially responsible instructional practices will help students become contributors in our democratic society. Our teachers and administrators strive to educate the whole student by extending instruction from the core subject areas into PE, music, writing and second-language learning environments.
- Our teachers pride themselves on building strong student relationships with students to build on students’ strengths and to encourage the development of new skills and abilities
- All students receive daily instruction in the core areas of science, math, language arts and social studies; in addition, students gain knowledge in Spanish, writing instruction, band, and/or PE
- Our daily schedule allows teams of teachers to plan and deliver integrated, thematic units of study in the core areas; project-based learning and best practices inform our instruction
- Special programs available to all students include after-school enrichment, homework club, yearbook club, orchestra, Ganas, WEB Leaders and the adult mentor program
- Opportunities for students to gain knowledge and understanding of the world by participating in a range of school-wide projects focusing on social justice and cultural proficiency
School Improvement Goals:
- We are committed to an active, engaged learning community
- We develop and maintain structures and strategies for effective, focused and direct communication
- We are committed to professional development and continually assessing and addressing the needs of our students, parents and guardians, staff and community members
- We will provide an effective, dynamic schedule with programs that promote the academic, physical and social development of every student
- We strive to increase collaboration with students, parents and guardians, and staff
With a strong emphasis on technology, all LA/SS block classes have a laptop computer for each student. Similarly, each math/science block class boasts a SMART Board (interactive white board). Each classroom is also home to document cameras with even others utilizing “student response systems” (clickers), AirLiners and MP3 players all aimed at enhancing instruction in the 21st century. With new computer hardware in place, our efforts move toward instructional technology, the integration of technology into teaching and learning. Instructional technology is the accessing, synthesizing and presenting of student learning using the appropriate technological tool.
Kelly green and white