770 Calvin Street, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 790-6100 Fax: (541) 790-6141
School web site
Middle School Region: Monroe
High School Region: Sheldon
“All children are beautiful when they are loved.” — Bertha Holt
We are inspired by the vision of our namesake, Bertha Holt, the founder of Holt International Adoption Agency. Our school’s program is designed to embody her legacy of care for children from all backgrounds and abilities. We are privileged to serve a very diverse community of students. Our overarching goal is to create and maintain a fun, safe and stimulating school where all children achieve. Students are taught to respect and care about each other. In addition to strong classroom instruction, intensive programs are available for students with a wide range of special needs.
- Our beautiful, well-stocked library is staffed and available to students and families before and after school and during recess, as well as during weekly class times.
- Integrated technology instruction is provided at all grade levels. A large computer lab and 110 mobile computers provide access to computer-assisted learning.
- Students are very carefully taught common school expectations and procedures in our Positive Behavior Support program. They are recognized for being respectful, kind, responsible and safe with the “Thumbs Up” reward.
- After-school child care is available on-site through the City of Eugene’s Kid City program.
School Improvement Goals:
- Maintain active parent and community involvement. Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities. Communicate effectively with families.
- Raise success rate on Oregon state assessment tests in reading and math to 95%. Analyze assessment data regularly to ensure that the needs of all students, including struggling and accelerated learners, are addressed.
- Implement a new schoolwide writing curriculum in line with state and national standards.
- Develop and maintain a fun, safe and orderly school environment using strategies known as Positive Behavior Support (PBS).
Green and Purple