770 Calvin Street, Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 790-6100 Attendance: (541) 790-6111 Fax: (541) 790-6141
School web site
School Hours: 7:55 – 2:10
Early Release: Wednesdays 7:55 – 1:10
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Middle School Region: Monroe
High School Region: Sheldon
At Holt …
We are committed to cultivating and empowering confident and resilient life-long learners who experience academic, social, and emotional success.
We will do this by:
Educating the whole child in a safe environment where diversity and individuality are nurtured and honored.
We are inspired by the vision of our namesake, Bertha Holt, the founder of Holt International Adoption Agency. Our school’s program is designed to embody her legacy of care for children from all backgrounds and abilities. We are privileged to serve a very diverse community of students. Our overarching goal is to create and maintain a fun, safe and stimulating school where all children achieve. Students are taught to respect and care about each other. In addition to strong classroom instruction, intensive programs are available for students with a wide range of special needs.
- Our beautiful, well-stocked library is staffed and available to students and families before and after school and during recess, as well as during weekly class times.
- Integrated technology instruction is provided at all grade levels.
- Students are carefully taught common school expectations and procedures in our Positive Behavior Intervention and Support program (PBIS); they are recognized for being respectful, kind, responsible and safe with the “Thumbs Up” reward.
- After-school child care is available on-site through the City of Eugene’s Kid City program.
School Improvement Goals:
- DSC 1.1: The school’s principal and staff will work together to create a safe, respectful, culturally-inclusive environment with consistent school rules and expectations.
- EE 2.4: Instructional teams will use a variety of data to assess strengths and weaknesses of the curriculum and instructional strategies and make necessary changes.
- FC 3.3: The school’s key documents will be annually reviewed for revision and disseminated to all families in the school and translated as needed.
- TL 4.1: All instructional staff at the school will be engaged in aligning instruction and local assessments to state standards.
- LDR5.10: School leadership will facilitate a needs assessment based on student achievement and the key areas of effectiveness (technical and adaptive leadership (TL), educator effectiveness (EE), teaching and learning (TL), district and school structure and culture (DSC), and family and community involvement (FC)).
Green and Purple