3307 Honeywood Street, Eugene, OR 97408
(541) 790-6200 Fax: (541) 790-6205
School Hours: 7:55 – 2:10
Early Release: Wednesdays 1:00
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Middle School Region: Cal Young
High School Region: Sheldon
Mission Statement: “Building on the past, creating the future.” We are here to foster a love of learning and academic excellence by helping students recognize their own value and potential, maximizing resources and building essential skills.
Program Description: We offer an atmosphere of high academic standards and unprecedented community involvement, providing an enthusiastic and progressive educational environment. Parents and staff partner together to encourage success and take pride in academic excellence. In addition to strong core programs, we also include technology, library, music, PE, and school-wide recycling. Parents are a vital part of our success and spend extensive hours volunteering. We value a curriculum that is relevant, engaging, culturally diverse, and child-centered. We value an environment that is emotionally and physically safe, supportive of home/school/community relationships, where learning is authentic and connected, and where each child feels valued, worthy, and invested.
- Technology specialist, computer lab, SMART Boards, and multiple portable laptop carts for students to integrate 21st century skills into projects
- Strong volunteer program with an ongoing focus on strengthening the home/school partnership; school-wide focus on community service with many opportunities for student responsibilities and leadership
- Participant in the Caring School Communities program, with every classroom holding daily morning meetings to check in and frame the day for students
- Artist and music residencies, as well as an annual carnival and many, many family-focused events
- On-site YMCA program offering both before and after-school care
School Improvement Goals:
- Rigor and Excellence: We will continue to maintain our high standards for academic learning and growth, and support students in meeting their goals. We will do this by analyzing our data, examining best practice instruction, and capitalizing on the expertise and leadership of our exceptional staff.
- Achievement for All: We are focused on ensuring that each and every Gilham student has the tools and the support needed to meet and exceed their individual academic, social, and emotional goals.
- Community: We are so excited about the work we’ve been doing to build strong and genuine community of learners!
School Colors: Navy & Yellow