3307 Honeywood Street, Eugene, OR 97408
(541) 790-6200 Fax: (541) 790-6205
Middle School Region: Cal Young
High School Region: Sheldon
Mission Statement: We are here to foster a love of learning by helping students recognize their own value and potential, maximizing resources and building essential skills.
Program Description: We offer an atmosphere of acceptance and friendliness, providing an enthusiastic and progressive educational environment. Parents and staff work together to encourage success and take pride in academic excellence. In addition to strong academic programs, we also include PE, technology, fine arts and schoolwide recycling. Parents are a vital part of our success and spend extensive hours volunteering. We value a curriculum that is relevant and engaging, culturally diverse, child-centered with choice, hands-on and minds-on. We value an environment that is emotionally and physically safe, supportive of home/school/community relationships, brain-friendly (color, movement, music, nutrition), and a place where each child feels wanted and valued.
- Technology specialist and computer lab
- Strong volunteer program with an ongoing focus on strengthening the home/school partnership
- School-wide focus on community service with many opportunities for student responsibilities and leadership
- Cultural: Develop systems that honor, inform and promote acceptance in Gilham’s multicultural community.
- School climate: Maintain a safe, orderly, supportive and positive atmosphere for learning.
We value instruction that is dynamic, changing with each group’s needs and interests; adjusted for each individual’s learning styles; reflective of best practices using research-validated materials; and accountable to effective and regular assessments.
School Colors: Navy & Yellow