577 East 46th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-8700 Fax: (541) 790-8705
Middle School Region: Spencer Butte
High School Region: South Eugene
Edgewood Community is a safe and caring environment nurturing a diverse community of lifelong learners.
Edgewood Community offers a strong academic program that emphasizes basic skills through an integrated curriculum approach. In a positive, caring environment, children are given responsibility for their behavior. We emphasize communication between home and school.
- A variety of instructional strategies, approaches and enrichments are implemented into an integrated curriculum approach
- PE, computer lab, library, music and an after-school choir
- Dramatist-in-residence, artist-in-residence, weekly storyteller supported by our active parent organizations
- Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support, Stop, Walk Talk anti-bullying Program, First Steps early intervention program, and Second Steps anti-violence curriculum
- Open communication between home and school is valued
School Improvement Goals:
- Optimize student learning opportunities by developing a coordinated, comprehensive school-wide schedule
- The staff will define, model and expect grade-level writing
- Establish clear pathways to facilitate communication between students, parents, guardians, staff and the community