1850 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-5100 Fax: (541) 790-5110
Middle School Region: Arts and Technology Academy, Kennedy
Every student should have the knowledge and skills necessary to excel at college and career. We build a strong foundation of relationships between students and staff, which fully develops around a rigorous academic program.
Churchill is a caring academic community where teachers, students, parents and colleagues work collaboratively, and where decision-making focuses on doing what’s best for students first and foremost. Churchill High School has a unique spirit: we believe that high school education should be academically rigorous and attentive to the affective needs of the community, because intellectual and personal growth go hand in hand. We believe that good schooling sows the seeds of lifelong wisdom, and that no life is complete until it is made useful to others. “Lancer Pride” is how we describe this spirit of our school.
- All 9th- and 10th-grade students choose a small learning community that fulfills Oregon standards and prepares students for higher education, advanced work and career goals
- Churchill’s two Career Academies are statewide models for career programs and have an environmental or health science focus
- Strong Advanced Placement and College Now programs allow students to gain college credit while at Churchill High School
- Strong elective programs with an extraordinary music and drama department, a college-level graphic design program, and science electives in robotics, marine biology and atmospheric science
- Effective new intervention program for literacy instruction: READ RIGHT has helped more than 300 students dramatically improve reading skills over the past six years
School Improvement Goals:
- Close the achievement gap by improving literacy skills for all students
- Create and maintain rigorous and equitable programs of study with high expectations for all students
- Provide a safe and empowering learning environment for all students
The school has a new Tutor Center that is staffed and supported by college and community tutors and a number of academic staff; we also have a national model for supporting precollege students called AVID
Blue, Red and White