1155 Crest Drive, Eugene, OR 97405
Phone: (541) 790-3700 | Fax: (541) 790-3705
School website (coming soon)
School Hours: TBD
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
The Chinese Language Immersion Program will begin in the 2017–18 school year with kindergarten and first grade and will expand to provide a rigorous K–12 Mandarin Chinese immersion program from kindergarten through high school. It will enable students to be biliterate in Mandarin Chinese and English, to develop strong cross-cultural understanding and appreciation, to utilize higher-level thinking skills, and to become caring and productive global citizens.
- The Chinese Language Immersion Program offers a 50/50 instructional model. This means that from kindergarten through 5th grade, students will spend half their day learning in English and the other half learning in Mandarin Chinese.
- The program is structured on the total language learning approach, incorporating content-based instruction, explicit language instruction, and experiential language learning practices.
- Students will study simplified Chinese characters (jianti hanzi).
- Expressive and receptive language development is emphasized in all stages of the program.
- The program is committed to rigorous academics in both Mandarin Chinese and English languages.
- The program places high value on parental involvement and support, and school and community relationships.
- The program will build strong partnership with the community to offer culturally rich experiences for students.
School Improvement Goals:
- Comprehend and speak Mandarin Chinese and English fluently
- Read printed Mandarin Chinese fluently, appropriate to the grade level
- Write with purpose and fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Perform at or above grade level with non-immersion peers on state and district tests
- Develop an understanding of the Chinese culture and gain appreciation for the contributions of the Chinese people historically and on a global scale
- Graduate high school with a state seal of biliteracy in Mandarin Chinese and English