1510 West 14th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97402
Fax: (541) 790-5310
Principal:Denisa Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Secretary:Cathy Mattatall <email@example.com>
Middle School Region: Arts and Technology Academy
High School Region: Churchill
High School Region: Churchill
Mission Statement:To create a diverse student community of academically and socially skilled individuals by encouraging independence, respect and visionary thinking.
The César E. Chávez Elementary School community believes a strong connection between parents, students and the school is the best way to promote student success. César E. Chávez Elementary values parent involvement and collaboration. Our academic program focuses on literacy through systematic instruction. Our students have access to technology throughout their school day to enhance learning. César E. Chávez Elementary School is a respectful, caring community with high expectations. We honor individual successes and believe everyone can learn in an encouraging environment.
- Highly qualified staff engaged in ongoing professional development in literacy, mathematics and technology; positive school climate that supports the varied needs of all students
- 21st century technology integrated across curricular areas and grade levels Kindergarten through 5th grade; laptops are available for all 3rd, 4th and 5th-grade students, SMART Boards in classrooms, computer lab
- Involved community of families; bilingual (Spanish/English) communications, website, monthly Chávez parent group meetings, newsletters and school information; bilingual-bicultural family coordinator and office assistant
- Family Resource Center which supports the needs of all families; family activities planned monthly include Geography Night, Math Night, Pajama Jam, BINGO, Movie Night, Sock Hop, Dr. Seuss Extravaganza, parent classes
- A variety of programs including full-day kindergarten, BEST after-school program, SMART reading, Lunch Buddies, CHAMPS mentoring program, student leadership program
School Improvement Goals:
- To improve student achievement in math, reading and writing
- To create a safe and caring environment for all students
- To develop and promote a variety of opportunities for parents to participate in the education of their children
WE BELIEVE… • every child can learn and achieve • every child can be a successful participant in our community • every child can be a S.T.A.R.: Safe, Thoughtful, Accepting and Responsible • every child has the right to be educated by highly qualified staff in a safe and caring environment • literacy is the foundation of learning • learning should be engaging and meaningful to ensure the development of a well-rounded child • staff will continue to learn and teach, using current and innovative research-based practices • the school community promotes high expectations for students, families and staff • the school community values diversity and the uniqueness of individuals
Purple and Apple Green
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...