3875 Kincaid Street, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-7080 Fax: (541) 790-7085
Middle School Feeder: French Immersion at Roosevelt
High School Feeder: French Immersion at Eugene International High School at South Eugene
We provide a rigorous French/English bilingual education that enables students to acquire the academic and interpersonal skills necessary for success as global citizens. We support environmental awareness and an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.
We set the foundation for every student to become an inspired global citizen through environmental awareness and an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.
Charlemagne is a French/English bilingual school for grades K–5. French immersion students attend grades 6–8 at Roosevelt Middle School and grades 9–12 in the International High School program at South Eugene High School. We expect our students to meet or exceed the State of Oregon’s English grade level standards in math, reading, writing and science and to become fluent French speakers.
- Language immersion program in which students develop oral and written fluency in French and English
- Integrated curriculum with differentiated instruction
- After school enrichment classes: chess, math, garden, art, outdoor education and science
- School garden
- Active parent involvement and an outstanding PTO
School Improvement Goals:
- To meet or exceed state and Common Core standards in math and English language arts. Teachers will differentiate instruction according to the needs of all students in both English and math.
- To meet or exceed Charlemagne French language benchmarks. Teachers will differentiate instruction according to the needs of all students when teaching in French. Francophone culture will be celebrated at Charlemagne.
- To feel safe, valued and connected to the Charlemagne community. Staff and parents will support the Community Living Plan.
In summer 2015 Charlemagne relocated to the former Parker Elementary School site at 3875 Kincaid St., about one mile from its previous location at the former Fox Hollow Elementary School site.
Purple and lime green with a touch of gold