5055 Mahalo Drive, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-3177 Fax: (541) 790-3545
Middle School Region: Roosevelt
High School Region: South Eugene
To provide a rigorous French/English bilingual education that enables every student to demonstrate the academic and interpersonal skills necessary to contribute to and succeed in a caring, cohesive learning community.
Beautifully nestled in the hills of south Eugene, Charlemagne is a kindergarten-through-5th-grade French/English bilingual school that represents the first six years of Eugene School District’s K–12 French Immersion experience. French Immersion students attend grades 6–8 at Roosevelt Middle School and grades 9–12 in the International High School program at South Eugene High School. Our goal throughout the program is for students to meet or exceed the State of Oregon’s English grade level standards in math, reading, writing and science, to become fluent French speakers and inspired global citizens.
- Language immersion program in which students develop oral and written fluency in French and English
- Integrated curriculum with differentiated instruction
- After school enriichment classes: Chess, Math, Garden, Art, Outdoor Ed., Science adult French classes
- School Garden
- Adult French classes in the evening
School Improvement Goals:
- Every student meets or exceeds all state English benchmark standards: Explicit, articulated, differentiated instruction; all students achieve
- Every student meets or exceeds Charlemagne French language benchmarks: Explicit, differentiated French language arts instruction for all students; content-based immersion; French language and culture
- Every student feels safe, valued and connected to the Charlemagne community: Community living plan implemented and supported by all staff and parents
Mission continued: We set the foundation for every student to become an inspired global citizen through environmental awareness and an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.
Purple and lime green with a touch of gold