5055 Mahalo Drive, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-3177 Fax: (541) 790-3545
Middle School Region: Roosevelt
High School Region: South Eugene
We provide a rigorous French/English bilingual education that enables students to acquire the academic and interpersonal skills necessary for success as global citizens. We support environmental awareness and an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.
We set the foundation for every student to become an inspired global citizen through environmental awareness and an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.
Beautifully nestled in the hills of south Eugene, Charlemagne is a French/English bilingual school for grades K–5. French immersion students attend grades 6–8 at Roosevelt Middle School and grades 9–12 in the International High School program at South Eugene High School. We expect our students to meet or exceed the State of Oregon’s English grade level standards in math, reading, writing and science and to become fluent French speakers.
- Language immersion program in which students develop oral and written fluency in French and English
- Integrated curriculum with differentiated instruction
- After school enrichment classes: chess, math, garden, art, outdoor education and science
- School garden
- Active parent involvement and an outstanding PTO
School Improvement Goals:
- To meet or exceed state and Common Core standards in math and English language arts. Teachers will differentiate instruction according to the needs of all students in both English and math
- To meet or exceed Charlemagne French language benchmarks. Teachers will differentiate instruction according to the needs of all students when teaching in French. Francophone culture will be celebrated at Charlemagne
- To feel safe, valued and connected to the Charlemagne community. Staff and parents will support the Community Living Plan
In summer 2015 Charlemagne will relocate to the former Parker Elementary School site at 3875 Kincaid St., about one mile from the current Fox Hollow site.
Purple and lime green with a touch of gold