2555 Gilham Road, Eugene, OR 97408
(541) 790-6400 Fax: (541) 790-6456
Feeder Elementaries: Willagillespie, Gilham
High School Region: Sheldon
We will work together to provide a safe, caring and respectful community that encourages everyone to grow intellectually, creatively and socially.
Cal Young Middle School provides an active, comprehensive instructional program designed to prepare students to succeed in high school and to meet or exceed state standards. In our state-of-the-art facility, students receive sequential instruction in music, fine arts, world languages, and other elective courses that pique student interest and meet the developmental needs of middle-level students. Technology is infused throughout the curriculum with many laptop computers for student use. In addition to wireless laptops, students have access to hand-held PDAs for use in a variety of courses. Cal Young provides a positive, caring, supportive learning environment for all students, emphasizing academic excellence, respect and responsibility.
- Cal Young’s new state-of-the-art school facility opened in fall 2006. The building features natural light, open spaces and built-in instructional technology.
- Learning spaces throughout the new school encourage student collaboration.
- Cal Young features a strong focus on choice for students while emphasizing reading, writing, math, science, social studies, physical education, music and second language.
- The Positive Behavior Support program has been in place from the beginning; it is designed to foster a positive school environment emphasizing respect, cooperation and academic excellence.
- The Middle School Mentor Program, first established at Cal Young, provides support for Cal Young students by pairing students with adult mentors; mentors and students meet weekly for lunch and games.
School Improvement Goals:
- To improve student achievement in math, reading, writing and science
- To provide a safe and healthy environment that supports learning and ensures that all students and staff are valued at Cal Young Middle School
- To foster a welcoming environment that promotes parental involvement in the education of Cal Young students
- Increase communication and collaboration with community
Attendance Line 541 790-6454
Cobalt blue, silver