1650 West 22nd Avenue, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-5700 Fax: (541) 790-5705
High School Region: Churchill
Committed to equity, Arts & Technology Academy teaches 21st century skills, creating global learners for a new tomorrow.
ATA is a unique student-centered school that ensures that every student is known in a small group setting. All students are placed in advisory programs where they will spend their three years in middle school with a cohort of friends and a staff advisor.
We believe that through the integration of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM), students can attain knowledge and skills that will pave the road for future academic success. At ATA, all students take engineering courses during their middle school stay. ATA became a Project Lead The Way school, adding two engineering courses to our offerings: Design and Modeling and Automation and Robotics. In these courses, students are introduced to and use the design process to solve problems and understand the influence that creative and innovative design has on our lives. Students use a robust, VEX robotics platform to design, build, and program a solution to solve an existing problem. ATA is working alongside Churchill High School to provide a continuum of science, technology and engineering offerings in grades 6–12.
- Safe, nurturing and inclusive environment for all students that focuses on multiculturalism and equity with curriculum that integrates arts and technology
- Each classroom is outfitted with the latest in instructional technology including a SMART Board and AirLiner, a projector, a document camera and a 1:1 student-to-laptop ratio in most content area classes
- Language arts and math specialized instruction in skill-based grouping and multi-age, multi-ability groupings that address state standards, and a math scope and sequence that has all students in algebra or higher by 8th grade
- We are a small school setting where each child is individually known by our staff
- We monitor the academic progress of our students and our instruction, providing interventions through math and language arts support classes, and acceleration through multi-age grouping and differentiated instruction
- We are an AVID school committed to preparing students for college and career options
School Improvement Goals:
- Address Oregon state content standards through a variety of rigorous and innovative curriculum structures that are consistent with best practice
- Incorporate community, families and local organizations to participate in the learning community
- Ensure that all students meet or exceed grade level benchmarks in reading and math
- Ensure that arts and technology are effectively integrated across programming
IMPORTANT NOTE: Arts & Technology Academy’s elementary grades closed at the end of the 2012–13 school year. Beginning in fall 2013, the school will be a middle school serving grades 6–8.