950 West 22nd Avenue, Eugene, OR 97405
(541) 790-5000 Fax: (541) 790-5005
School Hours: 8:35 – 2:45
Early Release: Wednesdays 8:35 – 1:45
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Middle School Region: Arts & Technology Academy, Roosevelt, Spencer Butte
High School Region: Churchill
We are committed to providing all students with meaningful learning opportunities so that they can reach their full academic and social potential.
Adams is a proud neighborhood school that emphasizes academic excellence, sustainability, citizenship, and equity. Our talented and dedicated staff strives to provide differentiated instruction to challenge and support all students in achieving high levels of academic success, and social and emotional learning. We are a school with active parent and community involvement offering students a variety of experiences including music, art, field trips, and participation in green school initiatives such as gardening, composting, and walking and biking to school.
- Strong community-building activities promoting social and emotional learning through implementation of the Caring for Kids curriculum and the tenets of Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
- Premier Green School status with an articulated green curriculum; first school in district to install solar panels
- Field-based science curriculum including participation in Salmon Watch, West Eugene Wetlands, School Garden Project, Nearby Nature, Mt. Pisgah and Outdoor School
- Positive working relationship with students from the University of Oregon and a partnership with the University’s Environmental Leadership Program
- Digital literacy fostered through the use of technology including laptops, pro-scopes, iPods, iPads, clickers, a dedicated computer lab, audio recording equipment, digital and video cameras
- Commitment to the arts providing students with Artist in Residence, afterschool marimba and Meet the Masters programs
- An outstanding library collection available to all students weekly
- Student participation in Peer Mediation, SMART reading program and Green Patrol
School Improvement Goals:
- Decrease our carbon footprint through education about and adoption of sustainable
- Increase student achievement in reading and math as measured by both standardized tests and classroom assessments
- Integrate cultural competency at all levels of the school and into all relationships within the school
- Improve the functional information and communication technology knowledge and skills of all students
Adams Elementary School is committed to the arts and provides students with an Artist in Residence program, after-school marimba and Meet the Masters. We have an outstanding library collection available to all students weekly. Students have an opportunity to participate in our Peer Mediation program, SMART reading program and Green Patrol.