Home » Communications & Intergovernmental Relations » About Our District » Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Contact a school, department or staff member

Find a staff memberSearch by name, title, school or department.

School contact informationPhone, fax and website listings.

Learn more about 4J’s schoolsFind basic information about each school, a staff directory and a link to the school-maintained website.

4J administration and central departments
4J Education Center:
Eugene School District 4J, 200 North Monroe St., Eugene, OR 97402.
541-790-7700  •  TTY: 541-790-7712 (for the hearing impaired)  •  Fax: See department listings 

Rent a school facility – 4J school buildings and grounds may be available for rental and other uses by the community. For high schools, contact the school directly. For elementary and middle schools, enter a facility rental request or call 541-790-7412.

Request information

Get my transcript or other student recordsPlease contact your high school’s registrar:

• Churchill High School, 541-790-5104
• North Eugene High School, 541-790-4447
• Sheldon High School, 541-790-6607
• South Eugene High School, 541-790-8015
• Eugene Education Options / ECCO, 541-790-6850

Undocumented youth, see information here

If your records are unavailable at the high school, please call the Student Services Department at 541-790-7712.

Make a public records request Submit your request in writing—including your name, contact information, date of request, a detailed description of the records being requested, and preferred format—to the district by email at publicrecords@4j.lane.edu, by postal mail, or in person at Superintendent’s Office, Eugene School District 4J, 200 North Monroe, Eugene OR 97402. You should receive an acknowledgement of your request within 5 working days. Staff will notify you of the estimated fee and the time required to make the records available, before proceeding.

Distribute materials to studentsWe frequently get requests to share information about events and programs with 4J students and their families. We may be able to help, provided your event meets certain criteria.

Enroll in a 4J school

Find my schoolEvery residence within 4J’s boundaries is connected to a school at the elementary, middle and high school level. Most families choose to have their children attend their neighborhood schools, which offer many advantages. To learn which schools are your neighborhood schools, click on “Find My School” at left (this will take you to a regional land information website where you can look up your address) or call 541-790-7571.  

How to enrollWhen you are ready to enroll your child in your neighborhood school, or another school you selected through the district’s school choice process, you may begin by picking up an enrollment packet at the school or printing many of the required forms from this website. 

School choiceParents in the Eugene School District may choose their children’s school. The Eugene School District’s school choice policy allows any student in the district to attend any 4J school, provided there is space available (subject to transfer limits). Placement is by lottery. 

Non-district residentsStudents who live outside the Eugene School District boundaries and want to attend a 4J school may seek to transfer to the district. School placement requests are handled on a space-available basis, with placement by lottery. Students who live within the district’s boundaries have priority for enrollment at any 4J school.  

International students4J welcomes a limited number of international students each year to attend its four comprehensive high schools: South Eugene, North Eugene, Churchill, and Sheldon.

How to work or volunteer for 4J

I want to work for Eugene School District 4J

I want to become a 4J substitute teacher

I want to become a teacher in Oregon 

I am licensed to teach in another state and want to get an Oregon license

I want to help schools by volunteering my time and talents

How can I help 4J schools?

Volunteer – Volunteers are welcome and needed at all schools. Every 4J school has many opportunities to make a difference for kids!

Donate – The Eugene Education Fund helps build strong public schools by promoting community involvement and encouraging financial support. You can make gifts that are designated for a particular school or program, or make an unrestricted contribution to support schools across the district, primarily through EEF’s in-district grants. Your gift is fully tax-deductible to the degree allowed by law.

About Eugene School District 4J

How big is the Eugene School District? 4J serves about 16,500 students in an area that spans 155 square miles in the southern Willamette Valley, including the town of Coburg and a small part of Linn County to the north. About 85 percent of the City of Eugene lies inside 4J’s boundaries.

What does “4J” stand for?Many people simply say “4J” when referring to Eugene School District 4J — “4J” is quick and easy to both say and write, and it helps to differentiate from the Bethel School District, which is also located in Eugene. But where did the name come from?

What are the district’s beliefs, values and philosophy?

4J Staff Questions

Check the Information for 4J Staff page for commonly requested links.

Still can’t find what you’re looking for?

Search this website by typing in the search field at the top right corner of any page.

Ask a question