Home » Instructional Services » Enrollment » Enrollment for Students in Shared Housing

Enrollment for Students in Shared Housing

Shared Housing

When a family is living in an informal housing arrangement, such as with a relative or friend, or when the parent/guardian of the student cannot provide the proof of address documents in their name as legally required to enroll their student, then a Shared Housing form is alternate way to provide proof of address for enrollment in a Eugene School District 4J school.

Required Proof of Age and Address

Request Online 

A parent/guardian can submit this online form to the School Choice and Student Assignment Office. The information will be reviewed and, if verified, the attending schools will be notified and copies will be mailed to parent/guardian and to the homeowner/leaseholder.

If the information provided on the form is unable to be verified, and at the discretion of the Superintendent’s designee, signatures and proof of address for the parent/guardian and/or the homeowner/leaseholder, or a notarized Shared Housing Form will be required.

Download Shared Housing Form and Notarize Signatures 

You can download and complete a Shared Housing Form. The parent/guardian and the homeowner/leaseholder signatures on the Shared Housing form must be notarized. Both parties must bring a current and valid picture identification to have their signature notarized. Free notary services are available through the Eugene School District 4J School Choice Office. Please email schoolchoice@4j.lane.edu for more information or to request a printed version of the form be mailed.

Completed original forms with attached proof of address must be mailed or delivered to School Choice and Student Assignment Office, Eugene School District 4J, 200 North Monroe Street, Eugene, OR 97402.

** Until further notice, the 4J Education Center is closed to visitors. Notary appointments will be scheduled upon re-opening. A mail slot at the front entrance is available to drop off completed and notartized Shared Housing forms .**


If the shared housing is a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship, please contact the 4J McKinney-Vento office, 541-790-4932, for more information regarding eligibility for additional educational services under the McKinney-Vento Education Act.

McKinney-Vento Program for Students Without Housing

Please email schoolchoice@4j.lane.edu for more information.