Home » Instructional Services » Enrollment » How to Enroll » Proof of Age and Address

Proof of Age and Address

En español

2020–21 Enrollment: With school buildings closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are providing both digital and paper enrollment options to register students for the 2020–21 school year. Learn more: 4j.lane.edu/2020enrollment

To enroll in Eugene School District 4J as a resident, your student must reside with you inside the district boundaries more than 50% of the time.  (4J also offers non-resident enrollment options—see School Choice and Transfer Information  and Non-Resident Transfers.)

To enroll your child, you will need to provide your child’s proof of age and name, proof of address, immunization records, and a recent report card or school transcript if your child has already attended school.

Are you a 4J resident?

Proof of Age and Name for Student

To enroll your student, you will need to verify your child’s age and birthdate.

Please provide ONE of the following:

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Adoption papers
  • Court order
  • State-issued ID in the student’s name
  • Individual Tax ID Number (ITIN) card
  • Matricula Consular card

If you do not have any of these documents, talk with the school office about options.

Proof of Name and Identification for Enrolling Parent

Please provide ONE of the following for the ENROLLING parent/guardian:

  • Current driver license
  • Current state-issued identification card
  • Valid passport or valid consulate-issued picture ID of any country
  • Valid Military I.D.

Proof of Address

If you are registering your child with us for the first time, you will need to verify your address. If you have have changed your residence since registering, you will need to verify that your child still resides within the district and/or school boundaries.

Proof of address is required. Post office boxes do not meet residency requirements. Only street addresses are accepted. All proofs submitted to demonstrate residency must show a Eugene School District 4J residential address.

At the time of registration, you must present ONE current document from EACH of the TWO CATEGORIES below. You must bring documentation to verify your child’s address when enrolling your student. The school office will make copies of your original documents and return the originals to you.

Please bring:

1. ONE of the following COMPLETE DOCUMENTS with the ENROLLING parent/guardian’s name and address:

  • Current mortgage statement or deed with parent/guardian’s name and property address.
  • Current rental or lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name, property address, as well as manager or owner’s signature, name and phone number.

— and —

2. ONE of the following COMPLETE DOCUMENTS with the ENROLLING parent/guardian’s name and address. Must be dated within 60 days and from ONE the following sources:

  • Federal government agency, such as Social Security Administration or Department of Health and Human Services
  • Oregon government agency, such as Oregon Health Plan or Oregon health Authority
  • Utility companies, such as EWEB, cable or internet service provider, cellphone service provider
  • Insurance provider, such as homeowners’ or rental, car, healthcare

Please note that the above information listed only satisfies the proof of address requirements; other requirements may be listed in the registration packet for enrollment.

All documents submitted must be acceptable to the Eugene School District. The superintendent (or designee) has discretion to require additional evidence to verify residence.

If, at any time, a student’s residence is in question, the district may ask for additional documents for verification. When documents submitted are falsified and such a violation is found, the student will be enrolled in the school where they should properly be attending. For additional information, call 541-790-7553.

Shared Housing

When a family is living in an informal housing arrangement, such as with a relative or friend, or when the parent/guardian of the student cannot provide the proof of address documents in their name as legally required to enroll their student, then a Shared Housing form is alternate way to provide proof of address for enrollment in a Eugene School District 4J school. Learn more: Enrollment for Students in Shared Housing.

Unhoused Students

Under the McKinney-Vento Act, students in temporary or unhoused living situations may be eligible for McKinney-Vento supports, including the right to immediate enrollment in their school of origin or neighborhood school.

Does your student’s living situation meet any of the following descriptions?

  • Staying in someone else’s house due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason;
  • Living in a motel, hotel, trailer park, or camping due to lack of adequate living place;
  • Staying in a shelter or transitional housing; or,
  • Staying in a place not normally meant for living, such as cars, parks, public spaces, or substandard housing.

If any of the above describe your living situation, the address documentation requirements for enrollment are not applicable. Please submit the enrollment forms as completely as you are able. Contact the 4J McKinney Vento program at 541-790-4932 for assistance with the enrollment process if you believe you may be eligible.

Prueba de edad y domicilio

Para inscribirse como residente en el distrito escolar 4J de Eugene, el estudiante debe vivir con usted dentro de los límites del distrito durante más de la mitad del tiempo.  (El distrito 4J también ofrece opciones de enrolamiento para no residentes; consulte Opciones de escuelas e información de transferencia y Transferencias de no residentes.)

Para inscribir a su hijo(a), deberá proporcionar su nombre, prueba de su edad, prueba del domicilio, registros de vacunas y una boleta de calificaciones reciente o su expediente escolar si ya asistió a la escuela.

¿Es un residente del distrito 4J?

Prueba de edad y nombre del estudiante

Para inscribir al estudiante, deberá demostrar la edad y la fecha de nacimiento de su hijo(a).

Proporcione UNA de las siguientes pruebas:

  • Acta de nacimiento
  • Pasaporte
  • Documentos de adopción
  • Orden judicial
  • Identificación emitida por el estado a nombre del estudiante
  • Tarjeta de identificación fiscal personal (Individual Tax ID Number, ITIN)
  • Tarjeta de matrícula consular

Si usted no cuenta con alguno de estos documentos, comuníquese a la oficina de la escuela para conocer sus opciones.

Prueba del nombre y de identificación del progenitor que realiza el enrolamiento

Proporcione UNA de las siguientes pruebas respecto del progenitor que realiza el ENROLAMIENTO:

  • Licencia de conducir vigente
  • Tarjeta de identificación estatal vigente
  • Pasaporte o identificación consular con fotografía de cualquier país vigente
  • Identificación militar vigente

Prueba del domicilio

Si esta es la primera vez que inscribe a su hijo(a), deberá demostrar su domicilio. Si cambió el lugar de residencia desde el enrolamiento, deberá verificar que su hijo(a) aún vive dentro de los límites del distrito o de la escuela.

Se requiere presentar prueba del domicilio. Los apartados postales no cumplen los requisitos de residencia. Solo se aceptan domicilios con calle y número. Todas las pruebas que se envíen para demostrar la residencia deben indicar el domicilio residencial vigente.

Al momento del registro, debe presentar UN documento vigente de CADA UNA de las siguientes DOS CATEGORÍAS. Debe presentar documentos mediante los cuales se pueda verificar el domicilio de su hijo(a) al momento de inscribir al estudiante. En la oficina de la escuela, se sacarán copias y se le entregarán los documentos originales.

Debe presentar la siguiente documentación:

  1. UNO de los siguientes DOCUMENTOS COMPLETOS que contengan el nombre y el domicilio del progenitor que realiza el ENROLAMIENTO:
    • el estado de cuenta actual de la hipoteca o la escritura de la propiedad en los que se indique el nombre del progenitor/tutor y el domicilio de la propiedad;
    • el contrato de alquiler o arrendamiento vigente en el que se indique el nombre del progenitor/tutor y el domicilio de la propiedad, y que contenga la firma del administrador o propietario, su nombre y domicilio.

— y —

  1. UNO de los siguientes DOCUMENTOS COMPLETOS que contengan el nombre y el domicilio del progenitor que realiza el ENROLAMIENTO: El documento deberá ser de fecha no mayor a 60 días y deberá provenir de UNA de las siguientes dependencias:
    • una agencia del gobierno federal, como la Administración del Seguro Social, el Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos;
    • una agencia gubernamental de Oregón, como el Plan de Salud de Oregón o la Autoridad de Salud de Oregón;
    • una compañía de servicios públicos, como EWEB, un proveedor de televisión por cable o de servicios de Internet, un proveedor de servicios de telefonía móvil;
    • un proveedor de seguros, como de vivienda, alquiler, automóvil o de salud.

Tenga en cuenta que la información anterior es solo a los fines de cumplir con los requisitos de prueba del domicilio; pueden indicarse otros requisitos en los materiales de registro para el enrolamiento.

Todos los documentos que se envíen deben ser aceptables para el distrito escolar de Eugene. El superintendente (o su representante) podrá solicitar, a su discreción, prueba adicional para verificar el lugar de residencia.

Si, en algún momento, el lugar de residencia de un estudiante está en duda, el distrito podrá solicitar documentos adicionales para su verificación. Cuando se entreguen documentos falsificados y se descubra dicha infracción, el estudiante se inscribirá en la escuela a la que deba asistir. Para obtener más información, llame al 541-790-7553.

Vivienda compartida

Cuando una familia vive de manera informal, con familiares o amigos, o cuando el progenitor/tutor del estudiante no puede proporcionar los documentos que demuestren el domicilio a su nombre, como se requiere por ley para inscribir al estudiante, podrá presentar, de forma alternativa, un formulario de vivienda compartida como prueba del domicilio para el enrolamiento en el distrito escolar 4J de Eugene. Obtenga más información en: Inscripción para estudiantes en vivienda compartida.

Estudiantes sin vivienda

De conformidad con la Ley McKinney-Vento, los estudiantes en situación de calle o que residen en una vivienda temporal pueden ser elegibles para recibir los apoyos de la Ley McKinney-Vento, que incluyen el derecho al enrolamiento inmediato en sus escuelas de origen o en la escuela de su vecindario.

¿La situación de vivienda del estudiante cumple alguna de las siguientes opciones?

  • Se está quedando en un hogar ajeno debido a la pérdida de la vivienda, dificultades económicas o alguna razón similar.
  • Está viviendo en un motel, hotel, casa rodante o lugar de acampe debido a la falta de un lugar adecuando para vivir.
  • Está viviendo en un refugio o vivienda de transición.
  • Está viviendo en un lugar que normalmente no está diseñado como vivienda, como automóviles, parques, espacios públicos o una vivienda deficiente.

Si alguna de las opciones anteriores describe su situación de vivienda, los requisitos de prueba del domicilio para el enrolamiento no son necesarios. Entregue los formularios de inscripción tan completos como le sea posible. Contáctese con el programa 4J McKinney Vento llamando al 541-790-4932 para recibir ayuda con el proceso de enrolamiento si cree que puede ser elegible.