Students who attend school in Eugene School District 4J must reside within its boundaries more than 50% of the time. If you are registering your child with us for the first time, or have changed your residence since registering, you will need to verify that your child still resides within the 4J school district.
At the time of registration, you must present one current document from each of the three categories below. ORIGINAL documentation is required and copies are not accepted; the school office will make copies of all originals.
Post Office boxes do not meet residency requirements. Only street addresses are accepted. All proofs submitted must show the residential Eugene School District 4J address.
1. ONE of the following ORIGINAL parent/guardian's picture ID from the following list:
- Current State of Oregon Driver License
- Current State of Oregon ID Card
- Valid Passport or Valid Consulate Issued Picture ID of any country.
— and —
2. ONE of the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with the parent/guardian's name and address:
- Current Property Tax Bill with parent/ guardian's name and property address.
- Current Rental or Lease agreement with parent/guardian's name, student name, and address, as well as manager or owner's name and phone number.
- Documents related to the purchase of the residence with parent/ guardian's name and property address.
— and —
3. ONE of the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with the parent/guardian's name and address:
- Mail dated within 60 days before the application date from the following sources:
Social Security Administration
Oregon State government agencies
Credit card bill
Financial institutions; including checking or savings.
State and Federal Revenue Documents
Please note that the above information listed only satisfies the Proof of Residence Requirements; other requirements may be listed in the Registration Packet for enrollment.
All documents submitted must be acceptable to the Eugene School District. The Superintendent (or designee) has discretion to require additional evidence to verify residence.
For a homeless child, please refer to the enrollment guidelines provided by the McKinney-Vento Education Act from NCLB 2001.
If, at any time, a student's residence is in question, the District may ask for additional documents for verification. When documents submitted are falsified and such a violation is found, the child will be sent back to the school where he/she should properly be attending. For additional information, call 541-790-7553.
If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation:
- Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend;
- Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence;
- Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence;
- A copy of the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence.
- Then within 60 days, at least two current documents from the following sources must be provided: Credit card companies; U.S. Treasury; Social Security Administration including benefits letter; Oregon State government agencies (including city and county agencies); Utility companies; Financial institutions including checking, savings, or investment account statements; Insurance companies; State and Federal Revenue Departments.
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...