If your student has a condition that may be communicable to others, please report it to the school office or nurse.
Please keep your child home if you see these signs:
- Fever greater than 100.5
- Diarrhea (3 watery or loose stools in one day with or without fever)
- Stiff neck or headache with fever
- Any rash with or without fever
- Unusual behavior change, such as irritability, lethargy
- Jaundice (yellow color of skin or eyes)
- Skin lesions that are “weepy” (fluid or pus-filled)
- Colored drainage from eyes
- Brown/green drainage from nose with fever of greater than 100.5
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath; serious, sustained cough
In the event of an outbreak of a communicable disease (pertussis, norovirus, influenza, etc) among students, nurses work closely with Lane County Public Health to determine extent of the disease, inform parent of potential for the disease and assist to prevent spread of the disease.
For more information on communicable diseases: www.cdc.gov
Good handwashing helps keep our community healthy and prevent spread of diseases.
Related Documents: Communicable Diseases – Oregon Deptartment of Education, 6-20-14