**Coming in Fall 2016: Fox Hollow Campus**
About Educational Support Services
Special Education Services
A continuum of services are provided for students, ages birth to 21, who have developmental delays or disabilities.
Any child, age birth to 21, who may have developmental concerns may be referred. Areas of concern may include:
- Communication disorder: speech and language impairment
- Emotional disturbance
- Hearing impairment
- Developmental delay
- Orthopedic impairment
- Other health impairment
- Specific learning disability
- Traumatic brain injury
- Visual impairment: partially sighted and/or blind
Who can make a referral?
Referrals may come from anyone. The most common referrals come from: parents, teachers, physicians, and other public agencies.
How much will this cost?
All services are free of charge to eligible children.
How does a child qualify for services?
- Eligibility determination:
- Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) ages birth to 5 or an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) ages 5 to 21. Parents are always significant members of an IFSP or IEP team.
- Placement: Based on goals identified in the IFSP, by the IFSP team or IEP, by the IEP team, service options will be considered and those that best meet the needs of the child and family will be selected.
What kinds of services are provided to children and families?
Services are individually designed to address the special needs of children. These services may include the following:
- Special education/specially designed instruction
- Related services
- Supplementary aids and services
4J is committed to providing a complete education for all students, regardless of what special needs they may have. Often, students can remain in their regular schools and classrooms while still receiving support for their particular need through one of 4J’s support programs. These services may be provided in any of the following settings:
- Specialized classrooms
- Parent groups (ages birth to 5)
- Toddler groups
For more information, please contact 4J’s Educational Support Services Department at 541-790-7800.