In Eugene School District 4J, every school offers an excellent education for our students. We welcome students who wish to transfer from other districts.
Get to know us! We invite you to learn more about our excellent schools and programs. A great deal of information is available on this district website, and each school also has a website of its own.
You also can take advantage of the events we hold during our school choice season for district residents. All 4J schools offer times when parents can visit during two weeks in January and February. The district also offers a School Showcase and multiple informational presentations. (School choice information)
Applications: The application for the 2014–15 school year will be available March 3 at 4Jschoolchoice.com. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
By state law, April 1 is the deadline for out-of-district transfer requests for the following school year. After this deadline, students may no longer apply for a one-way out-of-district transfer under the open enrollment provisions. However, a one-for-one inter-district exchange may be possible if a 4J student wishes to transfer to the requesting student’s home school district.
School placement: Out-of-district students are first accepted into the district, then offered a school placement. Families are asked which schools they prefer and students are offered openings at schools in an order determined by lottery. Students who live in the district have priority to enroll in 4J schools before openings are offered to out-of-district students. If there is not an available opening at your preferred school or schools, we will work with you to find a school for your student.
Schools Open to Out-of-District Transfer Requests in 2014–15
- Awbrey Park
- Buena Vista Spanish Immersion
- Camas Ridge
- César Chávez
- Charlemagne French Immersion
- Family School (K–8)
- Holt (Bertha Holt)
- River Road/El Camino del Río (Spanish dual immersion)
- Spring Creek
- Twin Oaks
- Yujin Gakuen Japanese Immersion
- Arts & Technology Academy
- Cal Young
- Family School (K–8)
- Spencer Butte
- Churchill — entering grades 9–11
- Eugene International High School at Churchill — entering grades 9–11
- North Eugene — entering grades 9–11
- Sheldon — entering grade 9 only
Schools Closed to Out-of-District Transfers
These schools and grades are closed to out-of-district applicants unless the student is enrolled there on an exchange agreement in March 2014.
- Roosevelt Middle School
- South Eugene High School & Eugene International High School at South Eugene, all grades
- Grades 10–12 at Sheldon High School
- Eugene International High School at Sheldon, all grades
- Grade 12 (at all schools)