Home » Instructional Services » Enrollment » How to Enroll

How to Enroll

4J Enrollment Forms: English/Spanish

When Should My Child Start School?

Children who are at least 5 years old by September 1 of the school year are eligible to attend kindergarten. Schools hold kindergarten enrollment and orientation in February — contact your school for details.

All children who are 6 and older must attend school. Children who are 6 years old by September 1 may attend first grade.

Can I Enroll My Child in a 4J School?

Do you live within the Eugene School District’s boundaries?

Yes: You may enroll in your neighborhood school or make a school choice request to enroll in a different 4J school. 

No: You may request an out-of-district transfer.

Don’t Know: The district encompasses most of Eugene and rural areas outside the city limits as well as the town of Coburg. Much of the northwest area of Eugene is in the Bethel School District. If you are not sure whether your residence is in 4J, you can look at a map, look up your address, or call 541-790-7571 for boundary information.

Not Yet: The student must live more than 50 percent of the time with his or her custodial parent or guardian within the Eugene School District boundaries before enrolling as a resident or submitting an in-district school choice request.

What School Will My Child Attend?

Find My School

Enter your home address in the RLID Quick Look form to find your
neighborhood schools.

Neighborhood Schools: Every residence within 4J’s boundaries is connected to a school at the elementary, middle and high school level. Most families choose to have their children attend their neighborhood schools, which offer many advantages. You may enroll your child in your neighborhood school at any time. You can find your neighborhood school online or call 541-790-7571.

School Choice:  You may transfer to a different neighborhood school, or to one of the district’s alternative schools, if you feel it better meets your child’s needs, you can provide transportation, and there is space available at the school. School choice requests are granted in the order determined by an annual lottery, held each spring for the following school year.

How Do I Enroll My Child at His or Her New School?

To enroll your child, first call your school office and check on times to enroll. You will need to bring your child’s proof of age and address, immunization records, and a recent report card or school transcript if your child has already attended school.

Many of the enrollment forms your school requires are available below.

Enrollment Forms

Please print the forms that apply to you and return them to your school. Forms required for all students are marked with an asterisk (*). You may also pick up an enrollment packet at the school. Your child’s school may require additional forms and information before the enrollment process can be completed.

4J Enrollment Form* English Spanish Korean
Free & Reduced Price Lunch English Spanish Korean & other languages
Student Medical Report* English Spanish Korean
Immunization Requirements English Spanish Korean
Certificate of Immunization* Form & Instructions in English Instructions in Spanish Form & instructions in Korean
School Bus Transportation Form English Spanish Korean
Volunteer Background Check & Interest Form
English Spanish Korean
Volunteer Driver Form English Spanish Korean