How to qualify: All children who are at least 5 years old by Sept. 1 of the school year are eligible to attend school.
To enroll in a 4J school as a district resident, a student’s custodial parent or legal guardian must live within the district boundaries. To check on whether a given address falls within 4J and which schools are the designated neighborhood schools for that address, click here.
Families outside of the district boundary who wish to enroll in 4J schools must either obtain an out-of-district transfer or exchange, or pay tuition.
For more information about boundaries, transfers, exchanges or tuition, please explore this website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to enroll: First, call your school office and check on times to enroll. To enroll, bring these documents to the school:
- The child’s birth verification (such as a birth certificate, Matrícula Consular card, or adoption papers—see requirements)
- Proof of address (see requirements)
- An immunization record (see requirements)
- A recent report card or school transcript (for children in first grade and beyond)
- You may print some of the forms that the school may require, fill them out at your leisure, and bring them with you to the school. Enrollment forms are available at the bottom of the How to Enroll page.