How to qualify: All children who are at least 5 years old by Sept. 1 of the school year are eligible to attend school.
To enroll in a 4J school, a student's custodial parent or legal guardian must live within the district boundaries. To check on whether a given address falls within 4J and which schools are the designated neighborhood schools for that address, click here.
Families outside of the boundaries who wish to enroll in 4J schools must either obtain an exchange (essentially a process of swapping students with the district in which the family lives, with spaces allotted by lottery) or pay tuition.
How to enroll: First, call your school office and check on times to enroll. To enroll, bring these documents to the school:
- The child’s birth certificate
- A recent report card or school transcript (for children in first grade and beyond)
- An immunization record (see Health Services/Health Requirements)
- Proof of address (read the Proof of Residency Requirements)
- You may print some of the forms that the school may require, fill them out at your leisure, and bring them with you to the school. Enrollment forms are available at the bottom of the How to Enroll page.
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...