The 2014–15 academic calendar has been adjusted to include unpaid furlough days — one instructional day that would have been a school day for students, and one staff work day when students would not have been in school. The furlough days were agreed on in contract negotiations this fall. The schedule for the days has now been set.
If schools do not close for any snow days this year:
- Wednesday, June 10, will be the last day of school for students. The last day will be a full day for middle and high school students and an early release day for elementary students.
- Thursday, June 11, will be a grading day and the last workday for teachers.
- Friday, June 12, will be a budget reduction / furlough day.
Please be aware that the final school day may change. If there are any snow days (school days missed due to hazardous weather) they will be substituted for a scheduled furlough day or made up on days added at the end of the school year.
A revised calendar handout will be available after winter break.
Check with your school for possible variations from the district-wide calendar.
Academic Calendar Dates
- Printable Calendar: 4J’s academic calendar in a printable one-page calendar format – updated calendar coming soon.
- District Planning Calendar: View online by day, work week, week or month, or add to your own online calendar.
- Employee Work Year Calendars: Contracted work days for each employee group and schedule.
About 4J’s Academic Calendars
Eugene School District 4J’s academic calendars are approved by the Eugene School Board and published each spring for the following school year. The minimum amount of instructional time in each school year is set by the Oregon Department of Education, governed by state law. The school year in 4J typically begins in early September and ends in mid-June.