I4445 - Alternative Education
1. The office of Secondary Services in the Instruction Department ensures that all alternative programs within the district and with which the district contracts are properly accredited.
2. The office of Secondary Services in the Instruction Department creates and annually updates a district-wide plan for alternative education.
3. Credits granted at alternative programs may be earned through proficiency-based measures if the program has implemented a standards-based program that incorporates adequate assessment and evaluation methods to substantiate student learning according to state and district policy and guidelines.
4. Student placement at district and private alternative programs is determined according to established admission criteria and assessment.
5. Students who have not been successfully placed at an alternative program are evaluated in a timely manner for re-assignment to an appropriate educational program by school personnel.
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...